Love for the most humble veggie: Potato!
Since my childhood, I have been in love with this humble yet delicious potato. I used to tell my mom to cook a variety of potato dishes and everyday I got a new potato dish either in my school tiffin or snacks or dinner. I was crazy about potatoes. (Says my mom)
She made this spiced potatoes, a simple and my go-to potato recipe. This so reminded me of my childhood!!!
Asafoetida- a pinch
Salt- as per taste
Turmeric Powder- 1/2tsp
Red Chili Powder-1-2 tsp
Mango Powder-1 tsp
- Boil the potatoes. Peel it and mash it. Do not mash much.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and turmeric powder.
- Add mashed potatoes, add salt, red chili powder, and ,mango powder. Mix it well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Roti or Parathas.