Rosti is a popular dish of Swiss origin, and it used to be a common breakfast recipe especially for farmers. Basically, rosti is a dish with potato and flour base with salt and some spices or herbs. It is one of the easiest and delectable dishes that can be made in a jiffy.
Here, we have tried something different. We have added onions, green chilies, and cheese in the potato base to give it more crunchy and flavorsome taste. This cheesy potato rosti is soft, gooey, and moist inside and crispy and crunch outside. You can devour it anytime breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Enjoy this delicious cheesy potato recipe from Switzerland!
Salt- as per taste
Black Pepper-1 tsp
- Grate the parboiled potatoes. Chop onions and green chilies. Mix it with the grated potatoes.
- Add all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add grated potato concoction.
- When the potatoes start to get brown in color, add a layer of grated cheese and sprinkle some black pepper and salt. And again add a layer of grated potato mixture.
- Cover with a lid and cook it for 5-7minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the rosti with a spatula and flip it over. Cook it for another 5-7 minutes. Cook it until it gets crispy and brown in color.
- Serve hot with any dip of your choice.
- Mash the potatoes, add onions, green chilies, flour, salt, black pepper. Mix it well.
- Make small balls out of the potato mixture and place grated or a cube of cheese in the middle of the ball and pack it again. And flatten it.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan. Place the flattened potato mixture and cook it for 5 mins and flip it over to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with any dip!