Jalfrezi is a popular North-Indian recipe. This dish is a blend of many vegetables and spices and it is supposed to be semi-dry. It’s rich in flavor, mildly spiced and tangy. It’s a perfect dish to be eaten with roti/naan or any bread you prefer.
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Carrots, Peas
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1tsp
Green Chilies- 3-4
Salt- as per taste
Red Chili Powder-1-2tsp
1. Chop all the vegetables into fine pieces. Make a paste of ginger and garlic.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, saute it till it gets brown in color. Add ginger-garlic paste. Add chopped tomatoes ( you can also add tomato puree) and add chopped green chilies and saute it till it turns golden.
3. Add other chopped vegentables. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Stir it properly and let it cook for 5-10 mins.
4. Add kasuri methi, this will add more flavors to your dish and gives a great aroma.
4. Add lemon juice over the vegetables.
5. Serve hot and relish it with chapati, tandoori roti, naan or any bread you prefer.
- You can add cottage cheese (paneer) and other vegetables as well.