Broken Wheat Upma, as the name suggests is a nutrient-rich food. It brings in lots of fiber and is really good for health. It can be a healthy breakfast/ lunch/dinner. The veggies add crunchiness to the upma and you can add as many veggies as you like. If you can’t think of anything to cook and looking for something nutritious, Broken Wheat would be the perfect dish for you!
Required Time: 15-20mins
Broken Wheat: 1 cup
Water: 2-3 cups
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Cabbage, Carrot, Peas, Green Chillies
Red Chilli Powder
- Heat a tablespoon oil in a cooker and add broken wheat and roast it until it turns brown.
- Add water, a pinch of salt and turmeric powder and cover the lid and let it boil for 10mins
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon oil, add mustard seeds and curry leaves
- Add all the chopped veggies
- After 5-7mins add all the spices according to your taste and simmer it for 5mins again.
- Once the broken wheat is cooked properly, add the veggies mixture and stir it properly.
- Add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Your dish is ready to serve!